Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Switch-a-roo!

So, I'm cleaning out the computer room in order to make the bedroom switch. Wait, did I tell you about that? Ok, so I'm going to be a foster mom. I'm going to switch bedrooms so my kids can have more room and I can have more kids. So, I'm going to move into the computer room, Sulla is going to move into my current bedroom, and I'll have my kids in the biggest room. The reason for the move is because the state requires 50 square feet of living space per child in a bedroom. My current room is 96 square feet. That would be good for one child. I want to have more than that. I want to be licensed for up to 3 children. So, if I had kids, I could only have one kid in that room. It's 4 square feet too small! LOL! So, I talked with Sulla and he said he'd be willing to move into that room in order for the kids to have his room which is 100 square feet. I can have 2 kids in that room. I even have bunk beds! I plan to get 2 dressers, one for each child. Then, like I said, I'm moving into the computer room. That's the smallest room and it doesn't have a closet. I can have an infant in my room up until the age of 12 months. So, I can have up to 3 kids at once.

So, anyway, back to the bedroom switch. I've been cleaning out the computer room so I can move into it. Well, I didn't get it done in time. So, I've been sleeping on the hide-a-bed, a mattress on the floor, the floor, then a mattress on the floor again! Ok, let me explain. A friend of mine just moved out of transitional housing after coming out of rehab. He needed a bed. I had a bed. I knew I was going to move into the new room and have a smaller bed anyway, so I said he could take it. He did. My plan was to have the new room clean by that weekend so I could bring up the new bed and sleep there. Well...that didn't happen. I planned to do it the following weekend. Again, didn't happen! I had to work, family stuff, and just plain laziness! And, I kinda hit a wall. Not really a wall, but a blocking point. The stuff in the computer room has reached critical mass! There is SO much stuff in there and I have NO idea what to do with it...where to put it. It had become the catch-all room for everything we didn't know what to do with from the front part of the house. So, it had computer parts, laundry, nicnacks, garbage, etc., and I needed to find a home for it. It's still not finished, but it's well on its way. In fact, Greycloak and I are going to work on it tomorrow. We should be able to get it completely finished tomorrow, with my bed up, laundry done, dresser, bookshelf, night stand moved in, cleaned and vacuumed. So, by tomorrow night, I should be sleeping on a real bed! YAY!

Then, comes the "cleaning-out-the-old-room" part...and that's no fun!

Sigh...

No comments: